91% would make again
Green Bean Casserole Onion Stacks
featured in 4 Thanksgiving Day Appetizers
Looking for a new spin on a classic holiday dish? These green bean casserole onion stacks are the perfect solution! Crispy fried onions and tender green beans come together in a perfect flavor and texture combo.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- 14 oz green beans (400 g), fresh cut, 1 can
- 10 ½ oz cream of mushroom soup (300 g), 1 can
- ½ cup french fried onion (75 g)
- 1 package frozen onion ring
- Calories 166
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 14g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, mix together green beans, soup, and French fried onions.
- Spray down a medium-sized baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and arrange onion rings so that they are all 1.5-2 inches (4-5 cm) apart.
- Using a spoon or spatula, scoop soup/green bean mixture into the middle of each onion ring, making sure to fill each ring evenly before placing another onion ring on top and repeating the process. (NOTE: Make sure to use the largest onion rings first as the base to your stacks, using the smaller rings later towards the top.)
- Bake stacks at 350˚F (180˚C) for 18-22 minutes or until onion rings are crisp and golden and green bean mixture is bubbling on top.
- Let cool for at least 5 minute before transferring to a plate to serve.