85% would make again
Sweet Potato Casserole Stacks
featured in 4 Thanksgiving Day Appetizers
for 12 servings
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 12 marshmallows
- Calories 124
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 23g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Peel potatoes and cut into ¼ in (6 mm) rings. Move rings to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add butter, syrup, salt, and pepper to the bowl of rings and toss to coat evenly.
- Spray down a standard 12-cup cupcake tray with nonstick cooking spray and place sweet potato rings inside, stacking them up until level with the rest of the tray. Cover with aluminium foil.
- Bake at 350˚F (180˚C) for 15 minutes. Remove foil, then bake the potatoes uncovered for 5 additional minutes.
- Once cooked, remove tray from the oven and quickly add marshmallows, placing 1 marshmallow on top of each stack of potatoes. Turn oven to broiler setting and place the marshmallow topped stacks under the heat for 1 minute.
- Using a fork or spoon, carefully remove stacks from baking tray and transfer to plate for serving.