89% would make again
Grilled Cheese “Ravioli”
featured in Snacks For Your Kids' Next Playdate
Inspired by facebook.com
for 4 servings
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 4 slices ham
- egg wash
- 8 tablespoons butter
- tomato soup, for serving
- Calories 249
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 4g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- On a cutting board, cut the crusts off of the bread. Press bread flat with hands or a rolling pin.
- Take one slice of cheddar cheese and cut it into 4 equal squares. Repeat with the Swiss cheese.
- Cut the slices of ham into a square.
- Place one piece of flattened bread on a surface. Place 2 squares of cheddar so they are overlapping. Place the ham on top of the cheddar. Place 2 squares of the Swiss on top of the ham so the are overlapping.
- Brush the edges of the bread with egg wash.
- Take the other flattened piece of bread and place it on top. Press down the edges. Using a fork press along the edges of the “ravioli” until the edges are sealed.
- In a pan heat 1 tablespoon of butter until melted on medium heat. Place the “ravioli” in the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side until golden and crispy. Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately with hot tomato soup.