89% would make again
Grilled Cheese “Ravioli”
featured in Snacks For Your Kids' Next Playdate
Take your ravioli to the next level by grilling it to perfection with melty cheese oozing out with every bite.
May 15, 2023
for 4 servings
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 4 slices ham
- egg wash
- 8 tablespoons butter
- tomato soup, for serving
- Calories 253
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 4g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- On a cutting board, cut the crusts off of the bread. Press bread flat with hands or a rolling pin.
- Take one slice of cheddar cheese and cut it into 4 equal squares. Repeat with the Swiss cheese.
- Cut the slices of ham into a square.
- Place one piece of flattened bread on a surface. Place 2 squares of cheddar so they are overlapping. Place the ham on top of the cheddar. Place 2 squares of the Swiss on top of the ham so the are overlapping.
- Brush the edges of the bread with egg wash.
- Take the other flattened piece of bread and place it on top. Press down the edges. Using a fork press along the edges of the “ravioli” until the edges are sealed.
- In a pan heat 1 tablespoon of butter until melted on medium heat. Place the “ravioli” in the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side until golden and crispy. Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately with hot tomato soup.