98% would make again
Grilled Citrus Salmon & Asparagus
featured in 5 Foods For a Healthy Life
A fresh and healthy meal featuring succulent grilled salmon and tender asparagus with a zesty citrus marinade.
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- 2 salmon fillets
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 lb asparagus (455 g)
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- Calories 558
- Fat 43g
- Carbs 12g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 30g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a resealable bag or dish, add salmon, olive oil, salt, pepper, juice of one lemon, minced garlic, one thyme sprig, and one rosemary sprig.
- Seal, mix marinade around, being careful not to bruise the fish, and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Preheat only half of the grill to medium-high heat for indirect grilling.
- Slice the two remaining lemons horizontally, so that you get six slices of lemon from each one, excluding the top and bottom.
- Bend each piece of asparagus until the woody end snaps off and discard it.
- Oil the grill with olive oil and place lemon slices over indirect heat (the side of the grill where the burners are not on).
- Lay salmon on top of the lemon slices and top with a sprig of rosemary on each fillet. Close the cover and grill for 20 minutes.
- Place the asparagus spears on the grill and brush with olive oil. Grill for 5 additional minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.