93% would make again
Ham And Egg Breakfast Braid
featured in 7 Ham & Cheese Upgrades
for 6 braids
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 6 slices ham
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten, for egg wash
- Calories 681
- Fat 50g
- Carbs 38g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 20g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven 375ºF (190ºC)
- Add eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Heat a saute pan to medium heat and spray with nonstick spray. Add the egg mixture and scramble until soft and almost fully cooked.
- Flatten out the puff pastry and cut it into thirds, then cut in half.
- Take one sheet of puff pastry and cut 3 strips with a paring knife, leaving about 1 inch (2 ½) on the end to hold it together. Braid the 3 strips gently.
- On the second sheet of puff pastry, place ham, egg and cheese, making sure to leave some place around the edges.
- Place the braid on the top of the cheese and egg mixture, then brush with egg wash.
- Place braids on a lightly oil sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until pastry is risen and deep golden brown.