95% would make again
Hanging Gingerbread Biscuits
featured in Gingerbread Treats 5 Ways
Have you made a gingerbread biscuit so perfect you want to hang it? Well, now you can! Create the most amazing gingerbread biscuits fit for your Christmas tree. It will be the talking point of your holiday party!
May 05, 2023
for 30 biscuits
- 1 cup butter (225 g), softened
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar (330 g)
- 1 egg
- 2 ¾ cups plain flour (340 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- white chocolate, or icing to decorate
- Calories 110
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 12g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar together until fully mixed.
- Add 1 egg and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices into a large bowl.
- Add the butter mixture made earlier and incorporate until a stiff dough is formed.
- Roll out between two pieces of clingfilm until about 3 mm (⅛ inch) thick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut out the shapes you would like with a cookie cutter and place on a baking tray lined with paper.
- Use a small cocktail stick to create a small hole in each biscuit for the ribbon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Cool on the tray for two minutes, opening up the hole again if closed while baking.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Decorate with chocolate or icing sugar, and use string/ribbon to hang off your tree.