95% would make again
Hanging Gingerbread Biscuits
featured in Gingerbread Treats 5 Ways
for 30 biscuits
- 1 cup butter (225 g), softened
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar (330 g)
- 1 egg
- 2 ¾ cups plain flour (340 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- white chocolate, or icing to decorate
- Calories 110
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 12g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar together until fully mixed.
- Add 1 egg and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices into a large bowl.
- Add the butter mixture made earlier and incorporate until a stiff dough is formed.
- Roll out between two pieces of clingfilm until about 3 mm (⅛ inch) thick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut out the shapes you would like with a cookie cutter and place on a baking tray lined with paper.
- Use a small cocktail stick to create a small hole in each biscuit for the ribbon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Cool on the tray for two minutes, opening up the hole again if closed while baking.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Decorate with chocolate or icing sugar, and use string/ribbon to hang off your tree.