Healthy White Bean Dip Snack-Prep
Whip up this scrumptious and healthy white bean dip for a guilt-free snack that's perfect for meal prep. With a blend of zesty flavors and creamy texture, you'll be reaching for seconds in no time!
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 red bell pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tbsp for roasting, 4 tbsp for processing
- 1 can canned cannellini, or other white bean, drained & rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic cloves, peeled
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley (10 g), loosely packed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, about 1 lemon’s worth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Calories 375
- Fat 44g
- Carbs 39g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 450˚F (230˚C).
- Cut eggplant and bell pepper into medium-sized pieces, being sure to remove the seeds, and spread them out on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Lightly coat the vegetables with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables for 20-25 minutes, until the edges begin to char and the skin blisters.
- Add roasted vegetables to a food processor along with the beans, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Pulse until the ingredients are roughly chopped. Then, with the machine running, slowly pour in the remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil into the food processor and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and serve with freshly cut vegetables, crackers, or pita bread.
- Alternatively, the mixture can be placed into individual serving-sized containers and stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here