Pumpkin Seed Pesto & Roasted Pumpkin
This flavorful and healthy dish features tender roasted pumpkin coated with a delicious pumpkin seed pesto that's packed with fresh herbs and tangy Parmesan cheese. It's the perfect fall-inspired dish that's sure to impress!
for 5 servings
- 1 small pumpkin
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds (65 g)
- ⅓ cup olive oil (80 mL), plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh arugula (40 g)
- 2 cups fresh basil leaf (80 g)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- Calories 272
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a sharp knife to carefully cut a circle around the stem of the pumpkin and remove the top. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the pumpkin seeds and flesh of the pumpkin and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- Cut the pumpkin into large pieces and and transfer to one of the baking sheets. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until pumpkin is fork tender.
- Separate the pumpkin seeds from the flesh and rinse and dry them.
- Add the pumpkin seeds to the other baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through, until golden brown and crunchy.
- In a food processor, combine the arugula, basil, roasted pumpkin seeds, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, water, and salt and process until smooth.
- Serve with your favorite roasted vegetables.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.