95% would make again
Kale & Sweet Potato Salad
featured in Protein-Packed Salads
Inspired by marthastewart.com
for 4 servings
- 1 ½ cups sweet potato (300 g), diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- olive oil, to taste
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds (65 g)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- ½ cup tahini (110 g)
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and torn into large pieces
- 3 cups quinoa (510 g)
- ½ cup red onion (75 g), diced
- Calories 765
- Fat 29g
- Carbs 103g
- Fiber 12g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Add the sweet potatoes to a baking sheet. Sprinkle with the garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Toss until the sweet potato is well-coated in the spices, then spread out evenly. Bake for 15 minutes, or until tender.
- In a small bowl, add the pumpkin seeds, chili powder, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and salt, and mix until well-combined. Spread the pumpkin seeds out on a baking sheet so they’re not touching each other.
- Add to the oven with the sweet potato and bake for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through, until toasted.
- In a liquid measuring cup, combine the tahini, remaining tablespoon of maple syrup, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well, then add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- In a large bowl, drizzle the kale with olive oil. Massage with your hands until the kale is tender and has reduced in volume by about a third.
- Add the quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes, red onion, and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with tahini dressing and toss well.
- Serve with more dressing if desired.