88% would make again
Homemade Alphabet Soup
featured in 6 Warming Soups and Stews
Inspired by chocolatecoveredkatie.com
for 6 servings
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 celery, diced
- 1 can diced tomato
- ½ cup vegetable stock (120 mL)
- ½ cup alphabet pasta (100 g), or any pasta of your choice, cooked
- cheese, to taste, optional
- Calories 353
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 21g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 23g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for the meatballs.
- Shape them into small balls and pan sear until the meatballs have a dark brown crust. About 2 minutes on each side.
- Take out the meatballs and set aside. Use the same pot combine the soup ingredients and stew for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Using a blender, puree the veggies until the soup becomes a sauce.
- Add in the stock, pasta and meatballs and simmer for 5 minutes.