85% would make again
Korean-Style Pork Belly Nachos
featured in 5 Must-Try Korean Inspired Dishes
for 6 servings
- 1 lb pork belly (455 g)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons red pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup kimchi juice (80 mL)
- 2 cups tortilla chips (200 g)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (100 g)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (100 g)
- 1 cup kimchi (70 g), chopped
- ½ cup red onion (75 g), chopped
- ⅓ cup sour cream (75 g)
- ¼ cup kimchi juice (60 mL)
- ¼ cup tomato (50 g), diced
- ¼ cup scallion (25 g), minced
- Calories 912
- Fat 70g
- Carbs 44g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 27g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Combine pork belly slices with garlic, soy sauce, red pepper powder, honey, and ⅓ cup (80 ml) kimchi juice. Mix until the pork belly is coated in red.
- Pan-fry pork belly until fat has rendered and crispy.
- Assemble your nachos. In a skillet, lay down a layer of tortilla chips, sprinkle on the cheeses, add chopped kimchi, toss on the cooked pork belly, top with some chopped red onions. Repeat.
- Melt the cheeses under the broiler until crispy and bubbly.
- Mix together the sour cream and remaining ¼ cup (60 ml) kimchi juice and drizzle on top of the nachos.