Slow-Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
featured in 5 Chicken Dinners For Every Mood
This easy slow-cooker recipe features juicy chicken thighs cooked in a sweet and sticky honey garlic sauce that is perfect served over rice or with your favorite veggies.
May 14, 2023
92% would make again
for 4 servings
- ⅓ cup honey (115 g)
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce (60 mL)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 skins on chicken breast, cut in half
- 2 cups baby carrot (245 g)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli floret (500 g)
- salt, to taste
- Calories 427
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 43g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 34g
- Protein 50g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, red pepper, and black pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts directly on the bottom of the slow cooker, sprinkle with a bit of salt, and pour on the honey sauce.
- Cook the chicken for 1½ hours on high.
- Toss in the carrots, broccoli, and bell peppers. Using tongs, mix the chicken and veggies around the slow cooker so that everything is mixed and coated with the honey sauce.
- Cook on high for another 1½ hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place, skin-side up, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, until the skin is golden and crispy. (optional)
- Serve on plates with the veggies, chicken, and a spoonful of the leftover honey sauce.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.