92% would make again
Leftover Cheesy Bacon Rice Croquettes
featured in 6 Ways To Use Leftover Rice
for 10 servings
- 3 cups rice (690 g), cooked
- 1 cup bacon (225 g), cooked and chopped
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (50 g)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (55 g)
- 3 cups italian breadcrumb (345 g), divided
- 2 eggs
- oil, for frying
- marinara sauce, to serve
- Calories 476
- Fat 16g
- Carbs 59g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 20g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, combine rice, bacon, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1 cup (115 g) bread crumbs, and eggs, and mix well.
- Dip your hands into a bowl of water, then grab a handful of the rice and firmly press into a ball.
- Coat the rice balls in the remaining bread crumbs.
- Preheat oil in a pot to 350˚F (170˚C).
- Fry the rice balls for 3 - 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, sprinkle with salt.
- We recommend serving with marinara sauce.