99% would make again
Light And Fluffy Mashed Potatoes
featured in Mashed Potatoes Your Way
for 10 servings
- 5 lb russet potato (2.5 kg), peeled and cut into large chunks
- cold water
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy cream (240 mL)
- ½ cup whole milk (120 mL)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped, for garnish
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 368
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 46g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Add the salt. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 20 minutes longer.
- Drain the potatoes and press through a potato ricer into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the butter, cream, and milk in a small pot over low heat until simmering.
- Pour the cream mixture over the potatoes and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chives, if desired.
- Note: A potato ricer gives these potatoes a super fluffy texture, but you can use a hand masher if you don’t own one.