Lighter Cauliflower “Alfredo” Pasta
featured in Creamy & Satisfying Pasta Recipes
This healthy and delicious pasta dish features a creamy and flavorful cauliflower alfredo sauce, perfect for a comforting weeknight dinner.
May 14, 2023
93% would make again
for 3 servings
- oil, as needed
- ½ large white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth (960 mL)
- 3 cups water (720 mL)
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (240 mL)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (110 g)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- dried oregano, to taste
- 1 cup asparagus (125 g), chopped
- 2 cups penne pasta (400 g), cooked
- parsley, for garnish
- Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Set aside.
- In a large pot, add vegetable broth, water, and cauliflower florets. Boil until cauliflower is tender.
- Drain the cauliflower, reserving 1 cup of the liquid for the next step.
- In a food processor or blender, add cauliflower, reserved cooking liquid, almond milk, parmesan, sautéed onion and garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth. (Depending on the size of your blender, you may need to do this in batches.)
- In a large skillet, heat cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, salt, pepper, and oregano to taste. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and remove from the skillet. Set aside.
- Add asparagus to the skillet and cook.
- Once asparagus has reached your desired doneness, add cooked pasta, the cooked chicken, and the cauliflower sauce. Combine well and heat through.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley.
- Nutrition Calories: 2188 Fat: 180 grams Carbs: 101 grams Fiber: 10 grams Sugars: 10 grams Protein: 47 grams
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.