Loaded Baked Potato Soup
This loaded baked potato soup is the ultimate comfort food that will warm you up on a cold day. This creamy soup is topped with crispy bacon, shredded cheese, and fresh chibes for a unique twist on a regular baked potato.
for 6 servings
- 4 lb russet potato (1.8 g), washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour (30 g)
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth (590 mL)
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g)
- shredded cheese
- bacon, diced
- fresh chive, chopped
- Calories 503
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 73g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat your oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, rub potatoes with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes.
- Once cooled, peel and mash potatoes, and set aside.
- Heat oil in large pot over a medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook until translucent and garlic is fragant, about 5 minutes.
- Add butter and melt.
- Bring in flour and stir until mixture is lightly browned.
- Add in the chicken broth and cream cheese. Stir until fully incorporated
- Add in the mashed potatoes and combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish bowl with shredded cheese, bacon, and chives.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.