90% would make again
Magic Fizzy Truffles
featured in 7 Exotic Truffles You Can Make At Home
These truffles are a magical and fizzy treat that's perfect for any special occasion! The rich and creamy chocolate truffles are infused with a strawberry mix creating a fun and exciting burst of fizz with each bite. Topped with strawberry powder, they're a whimsical and enchanting dessert that's sure to leave a lasting impression on your taste buds.
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 packet strawberry drink mix
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- 3 tablespoons light corn starch syrup
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 10 oz chocolate chips (285 g), bittersweet
- Calories 632
- Fat 40g
- Carbs 77g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 68g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Spray some non-stick cooking spray to a cooking parchment sheet. In a bowl, add the strawberry drink mix and baking soda and set aside. Add light corn starch syrup and sugar to a heated pan and mix thoroughly. Let it heat at 275 degrees F for 5 minutes. Add to the pan, the bowl mix(prepared beforehand) and after whisking thoroughly, transfer the entire mix to the parchment paper. Let it cool for 20 minutes.
- In a clean pan, add heavy cream and let simmer. Transfer the cream into a bowl of chocolate chips and let it sit for 5 minutes. After thoroughly mixing the cream and chocolate chips, refrigerate for about 45-60 minutes.
- Crumble the strawberry mix and set aside half. Add the other half to a blender and blend till the consistency is power-like.
- Add single chunks of the strawberry filling to single scoops of chocolate balls. Repeat about 12 times. Finally, cover the chocolate ball with the strawberry powder.