Mango Salsa Fish Tacos
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 4 servings
- 18 oz boneless salmon fillet (540 g)
- 8 corn tortillas, 6 inch (15 cm)
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, divided
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon mexican spice mix
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin, ground
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- 5 oz avocado (150 g), cubed
- 6 oz mango (180 g), cubed
- 1 ½ oz red onion (45 g), chopped
- ½ cup sour cream (120 g)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ½ oz jalapeño (15 g)
- ½ cup coriander (10 g), roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, garnish
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- Calories 573
- Fat 33g
- Carbs 41g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 31g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 150°F. Start by splitting the salt, oil, and lime juice in half.
- In a small bowl, mix chili powder, Mexican spice mix, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, cumin, ¼ tsp salt, and ¾ tbsp oil. Marinate the fish with this mixture for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix avocado, mango, red onion, and 1 tsp lime juice to make the salsa.
- In a pan over medium heat, use the remaining ¾ tbsp oil to sear the fish for 8 minutes until it’s brown. Remove the fish from the pan and discard the skin.
- To make the sauce, mix sour cream, lime zest, remaining 1 tsp lime juice, and remaining ¼ tsp salt in a bowl until well combined and smooth.
- Bake tortillas for 5 minutes.
- To assemble, shred the salmon and add the pieces onto the tortillas together with the salsa, jalapeno, and coriander. Pour the sauce on top.