for 4 servings
Masala Chicken Burger
- 1 ½ teaspoons McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons McCormick® ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons Mccormick® ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Organic Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Paprika
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® chili powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 lb ground chicken (425 g)
- 3 tablespoons red onion
- 1 small jalapeño, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened full fat yogurt (185 g)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pieces naan bread, warmed
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced into half moons
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 leaves butter lettuce
- Calories 749
- Fat 30g
- Carbs 77g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 44g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Make the chicken burgers: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the McCormick® Garlic Powder, ground ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, chili powder, and salt.
- Add the ground chicken to a large bowl with the spice mix, red onion, jalapeño, if using, and egg. Using clean hands or a spatula, mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix to prevent tough burgers.
- Divide the chicken mixture into 4 portions and shape into 1-inch-thick patties. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon or your thumb, gently press down on the center of each patty (this will help keep them flat during cooking). Chill the patties in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, until slightly more firm.
- While the patties are chilling, make the yogurt sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lemon zest and juice, parsley, McCormick® Garlic Powder, salt, and olive oil until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook the burgers: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken patties and cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165°F (75°C) and the patties are golden brown. Remove the patties from the pan and let rest for 5 minutes before assembling the burgers.
- Place a piece of lettuce and a burger patty on one side of a piece of warmed naan bread, then dollop 3 tablespoons of yogurt sauce on top. Top with cucumber and red onion. Fold the other side of the naan over the burger patty and secure with a toothpick or skewer. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.