Microwaved “Fried” Rice
This microwaved fried rice recipe is a quick and easy way to satisfy your cravings for something savory and delicious. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a flavorful and filling dish that is perfect for a busy weeknight.
for 1 serving
- ½ cup rice (100 g)
- 2 cups water (480 mL)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ cup frozen vegetable (75 g)
- 2 eggs
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped, to serve
- Calories 415
- Fat 16g
- Carbs 41g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 21g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a bowl, combine the rice, water, sesame oil, and soy sauce.
- Stir, then microwave, covered, for approximately 6-8 minutes until the rice is fully cooked.
- Mix the frozen vegetables into the rice.
- In a microwaveable mug, beat the eggs.
- Microwave the eggs and the rice again for approximately 1-2 minutes, until the eggs are fully cooked.
- Break up the egg into small bits, then mix it in with the rice.
- Top with scallions, and serve.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.