84% would make again
Microwave “Fried” Rice
featured in 7 Dorm-Friendly Microwave Meals
June 10, 2019
for 1 serving
- ½ cup rice (100 g)
- 1 cup water (235 mL)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 strips bacon, chopped
- ½ cup frozen pea and carrot (65 g)
- 2 eggs
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh scallion, to garnish
- Calories 781
- Fat 44g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 49g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a bowl, combine the rice, water, soy sauce, sesame oil, and bacon. Stir, then microwave, covered, for about 6-8 minutes until the rice is fully cooked.
- Mix the frozen peas and carrots into the rice.
- In a microwaveable mug, beat the eggs with the salt.
- Microwave the eggs and the rice again for about 1-2 minutes, until the eggs are fully cooked.
- Break up the egg into small bits, then mix it in with the rice.
- Garnish with scallions, then serve!