90% would make again
Neapolitan Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
featured in 5 Delightful Neapolitan Recipes
These Neapolitan Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes are the perfect summer treat that will transport you back to your childhood. With layers of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry cake batter baked right into the cones, these cupcakes are sure to impress.
May 05, 2023
for 36 cones
- 1 box brownie mix, plus box ingredients
- strawberry cake mix, plus box ingredients
- vanilla cake mix, plus box ingredients
- 36 ice cream cones
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter (345 g), softened
- 4 ¾ cups powdered sugar (570 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- maraschino cherry, optional, to serve
- sprinkles, optional, to serve
- Calories 298
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 52g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 32g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Prepare brownie mix, vanilla cake mix, and strawberry cake mix according to packaged instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Place cones in each well of muffin tin.
- Fill each ice cream cone with 1 tablespoon of brownie batter. Top the brownie batter with 1 tablespoon of strawberry cake batter followed by 1 tablespoon of vanilla cake batter.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Gradually add in the powdered sugar. Add vanilla extract and 3-5 tablespoons milk until you reach thick and smooth consistency.
- Transfer frosting to piping bag and add a dollop to each cone like a soft serve ice cream.
- Top with cherries and sprinkles.