One-Pan Chicken Adobo
Experience the bold flavors of the Philippines with this One-Pan Chicken Adobo recipe that's sure to impress! This savory, tangy, and slightly sweet dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion.
for 4 servings
- 2 lb chicken (910 g)
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 garlics, crushed
- 1 cup water (240 mL)
- ¼ cup cooking oil (60 mL)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- salt, to taste
- whole peppercorn
- Calories 513
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 4g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 71g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a container or a plastic food bag, combine soy sauce and garlic then marinade the chicken for 30 minutes.
- Place a medium pan on medium heat and add oil, once the oil is hot put the marinated chicken and brown (about five minutes).
- Pour in the remaining marinade and add water, then bring to a boil.
- Add the dried bay leaves and whole peppercorn. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Add the vinegar, stir and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add the sugar, salt, and stir. Then remove from heat.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.