94% would make again
One-Pot Chicken, Bacon, And Goat Cheese
featured in 5 Delicious Cheesy Pasta Recipes
Tender chicken, crispy bacon, and creamy goat cheese are cooked together in one pot, creating a harmonious medley of flavors. With each bite, you'll savor the rich and comforting combination that will have you reaching for seconds.
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- 2 lb chicken thighs (910 g), bonless, skin on
- ½ lb bacon (225 g), chopped
- 1 lb asparagus (455 g), trimmed and chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth (1.4 L)
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 1 lb fusilli pasta (455 g)
- 8 oz goat cheese (225 g)
- ½ cup sun-dried tomato (100 g), chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 1061
- Fat 51g
- Carbs 71g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 98g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pot on medium-high heat, add bacon. Cook until the fat has rendered and the bacon is crispy. Remove bacon from pot and set aside. Leave bacon fat in pan.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place skin-side down in the pot. Cook until the chicken gets a dark golden crispy skin. Flip and cook on the other side until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add the red onion, asparagus, and garlic to the pot and until the asparagus is almost tender. Remove from pot.
- Add the pasta and chicken broth to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, and cook for 9-12 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Stir occasionally.
- When the pasta is almost tender. Lower the heat and add in the milk, goat cheese, cooked vegetables, cooked bacon, and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir to incorporate.