90% would make again
One-Pot Chicken Korma
featured in 10 Dishes With An Indian Twist
This one-pot chicken korma is a quick and easy way to satisfy your Indian food cravings. With a creamy coconut milk base, tender chicken, and fragrant spices, this dish is the perfect weeknight dinner. Serve it over rice or with some naan bread for a delicious and comforting meal.
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic cloves
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons korma paste
- 1 cup basmati rice (200 g)
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 ¼ cups water (500 mL)
- ½ cup raisin (75 g)
- ⅜ cup pine nuts (50 g)
- ¼ cup spinach (50 g)
- yogurt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon coriander, to taste
- Calories 702
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 79g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 20g
- Protein 36g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Fry sliced onions and garlic in oil until softened.
- Add sliced chicken breasts and fry until no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes, fry for a couple minutes.
- Add korma pasta, stir in and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Add stock cube, raisins and 500ml (2 ¼ cups) water.
- Cover with foil and cook for 15 minutes. Check chicken, if dry 5 minutes in and add more water if necessary.
- Uncover, stir in pine nuts and spinach until wilted.
- Serve with yogurt and coriander.