96% would make again
for 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1/2 stick
- 2 green chillis, sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, crushed
- 1 ½ cups tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon paneer masala
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream (480 mL)
- 14 oz paneer cheese (395 g), 1 block, cubed
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- naan bread
- rice, cooked
- Calories 911
- Fat 92g
- Carbs 19g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 27g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Melt the butter in a 5qt-pot over medium heat.
- Add chili, and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the crushed garlic and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant. Stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the onion is completely softened, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to make sure bottom doesn’t burn.
- Add the tomato puree. Stir well and cover again. Cook until tomato looks like it’s almost separating, and is reduced in volume by half, about 10 minutes.
- Add the coriander and paneer masala. Stir well. Add the red bell pepper and cook until the pepper is half-cooked, about 5 minutes. Add the salt, cover again, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream. Stir well, then add the cubed paneer and cover. Cook for 25 minutes all the ingredients are tender.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with naan or rice.