97% would make again
Cream Of Mushroom Soup
featured in Delicious Soups To Keep You Warm This Season
Smacking with savory flavor, and creamy in texture, this soup will have you wishing for an endless winter. It’s essentially composed of mushrooms, heavy cream, flour, and a few vegetables, meaning anyone can make it on short notice and with a tight budget. Serve with a crusty bread, and top with fresh parsley as desired.
Inspired by foodnetwork.com
for 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup medium yellow onion (150 g), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white button mushroom (75 g), chopped
- 1 cup cremini mushroom (75 g), chopped
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom (75 g), chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup white wine (60 mg)
- 4 cups vegetable stock (960 mL)
- ⅓ cup heavy cream (80 mL)
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, for garnish
- Calories 657
- Fat 50g
- Carbs 42g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter, then add the onion and saute until translucent, 3 minutes. Add the garlic and stir, then cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper and cook until they begin to turn golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir to coat the mushrooms, until combined.
- Add the white wine, stir, and cook until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock, stir, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and stir to combine.
- Blend soup to your desired consistency with an immersion blender or standing blender.
- Serve hot, garnished with parsley.