94% would make again
One-Pot Chicken Teriyaki With Rice
featured in Delicious Rice Dinners
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 cups water (480 mL), Plus 1/4 cup (60 ml)
- 1 cup white rice (200 g), rinsed
- ½ cup soy sauce (120 mL)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ¼ cup honey (85 g)
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup broccoli (150 g)
- 1 cup carrot (120 g)
- ½ red bell pepper
- scallion, for garnish - optional
- Calories 370
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 49g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 27g
- Protein 28g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick pot on medium heat.
- Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and sauté for 8 minutes
- Add garlic and ginger, sauté for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add 2 cups (480 ml) of water and the rice and stir.
- Cover the pot and bring water to a boil.
- Uncover, stir, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add broccoli, carrots, and peppers. Stir to combine.
- Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, and Sriracha. Stir to combine.
- Combine ¼ cup (60 ml) of water with the cornstarch to create a cornstarch slurry. Add the cornstarch slurry to the pot and stir, cooking until the sauce thickens (3-4 minutes).