Peach And Tomato Panzanella
Summer produce is where it’s at! This bread salad brings the crusty carbs but also the freshest tomatoes and peaches for a symphony of summer flavors.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
Toasted Bread Cubes
- 4 cups crusty Italian bread (65 g), cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) cubes
- ⅓ cup olive oil (80 mL)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 small heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces
- ¼ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 medium peaches, pitted and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil, divided
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh dill, divided
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Calories 570
- Fat 31g
- Carbs 64g
- Fiber 21g
- Sugar 20g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Make the toasted bread cubes: Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the bread cubes, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and oregano.
- Spread the seasoned bread cubes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, salt, black pepper, and oregano until well-combined.
- Assemble the panzanella: In a large bowl, combine the toasted bread cubes, tomatoes, and red onion. Drizzle in the vinaigrette and toss until everything is well-coated. Add the peaches, half of the basil and dill, and salt and pepper to taste and gently toss to combine, taking care not to smush the peaches.
- Divide between serving plates and garnish with the remaining basil and dill.