Pesto Chicken-stuffed Garlic Bread
featured in 5 Ways To Add Pesto To Everything
This cheesy garlic bread is loaded with juicy pesto chicken and baked to crispy perfection. It's the ultimate comfort food that combines a few of our favorite things: bread, cheese, and chicken.
May 04, 2023
82% would make again
for 6 servings
- 13.8 oz pizza dough (390 g), 2 packages
- ½ cup pesto (115 g)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (200 g)
- 1 ½ cups chicken (185 g), cooked and shredded
- ½ cup butter (115 g), melted
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (110 g)
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Form a rope with one package of pizza dough about 12 inches (30 cm) long, then press flat.
- Spread half of the pesto evenly on flattened dough, then sprinkle half of the mozzarella on top of the pesto. Place half of the chicken on top of the mozzarella.
- Pinch the dough closed, and squeeze together, making sure the ingredients are not coming out.
- Fold the stuffed dough rope into a zigzag shape. Repeat with second package of dough. Transfer one stuffed dough to a greased loaf pan.
- Mix together melted butter, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and parsley. Spoon half of the garlic butter over first layer of stuffed dough.
- Place second stuffed dough on top. Spoon the rest the garlic butter over the top . Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cover the loaf pan with foil, then bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from loaf pan and let cool.
- Top with parsley (optional), slice and serve.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.