91% would make again
Pizza Bread Bowl
featured in Bread Bowls 4 Ways
for 6 slices
- 1 bread boule
- 1 cup marinara sauce (260 g)
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese (225 g)
- 6 oz pepperoni (170 g)
- ½ onion, sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil (20 g)
- 1 cup sausage (140 g), cooked
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese (100 g), shredded
- Calories 608
- Fat 38g
- Carbs 32g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 31g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Slice the top of the bread boule off and remove the insides.
- Spread ½ cup (130 G) of the marinara on the bottom of the boule, then layer with half of the mozzarella, 5 ounces (140 G) of the pepperoni, onions, basil, sausage, peppers, the other ½ cup (130 G) of marinara, the remaining mozzarella, and half of the white cheddar, and place the cap of the bread boule on top.
- Wrap the bread bowl in foil, then press with a heavy object for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175˚C).
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the remaining cheddar and pepperoni on top. Bake for 30 minutes, until cheese is golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes and slice.