Popcorn Tofu Nuggets
featured in Healthy Veggie Nuggets 4 Ways
These Popcorn Tofu Nuggets are a fun and tasty way to enjoy tofu. Coated in a crispy panko crust and served with your favorite dipping sauce, they're perfect for a snack or a meal.
May 04, 2023
86% would make again
for 6 servings
- ¾ cup vegan mayonnaise (180 g)
- ¾ cup bread crumbs (85 g)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 14 oz tofu (395 g)
- Calories 331
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 18g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the mayonnaise to a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, nutritional yeast, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Slice the tofu in half to form two thinner slabs. Wrap the tofu in paper towels and place a heavy object on top. Let drain for 10 minutes.
- Slice the drained tofu into cubes.
- Coat the tofu cubes in mayonnaise and then coat in bread crumb mixture.
- Place nuggets on a wire rack over a baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.