94% would make again
featured in 9 Snacks to Make For Your Next Party
June 10, 2019
for 6 servings
- 1 lb potato (500 g)
- 3 ¼ cups chickpea flour (300 g)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 green chillis, chopped and deseeded
- ½ cup fresh coriander (20 g), chopped
- 2 cups water (500 mL)
- 1 bottle ketchup
- 1 teaspoon fresh coriander, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Calories 405
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 67g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 20g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Peel and chop the potatoes very finely.
- Place in a bowl, cover with cold water, and leave until ready to fry.
- To make the batter, mix the chickpea flour, turmeric, chili powder, pepper, salt bicarbonate of soda, chillies, and coriander.
- Gradually add the water while whisking to form a smooth batter.
- Heat a pot of oil to 320°F (160˚C.)
- Drain the potato slices and dip in the batter.
- Fry in vegetable oil until golden brown (around 3-4 minutes).
- Serve with spicy ketchup.