88% would make again
featured in How To Make Show-Stopping Dinners
Inspired by flavorthemoments.com
for 12 servings
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lb eggplant (455 g), cut into ½-inch (1 cm) cubes
- 2 yellow squashes, cut into ½-inch (1 cm) cubes
- 2 medium zucchinis, cut into ½-inch (1 cm) cubes
- 12 oz tomato paste (340 g)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 28 oz diced tomato (795 g)
- 30 oz ricotta cheese (850 g)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (100 g)
- ¼ cup fresh basil (10 g), chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley (20 g), chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 japanese eggplants, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 2 yellow squashes, thinly sliced
- 6 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- lasagna noodle, cooked
- Calories 352
- Fat 17g
- Carbs 36g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 17g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a skillet on medium-high heat. Once warmed, add the onion, bell peppers, 4 minced garlic cloves, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and caramelized.
- Add the eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini, tomato paste, dried oregano, and 1 tablespoon of thyme, and more salt and pepper. Cook until the vegetables are soft and the tomato paste deepens in color and starts to stick to the bottom.
- Add the diced tomatoes and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook on low for at least 30 minutes. Set aside to prepare the rest of the lasagna layers.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta, mozzarella, basil, parsley, salt, pepper and egg. Set aside.
- To a bowl, add the sliced Japanese eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini, Roma tomatoes, garlic, 1 tablespoon thyme, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons olive oil, and gently toss to combine.
- In a 9x13-inch (23x33 cm) glass baking pan, add a layer of the ratatouille to the bottom. Top with lasagna noodles, and spread a layer of the ricotta mixture, then shingle alternating slices of the marinated vegetables. Repeat with another layer of ratatouille, noodles, ricotta, and on the top shingle the vegetables.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese and sauce are bubbling slightly and the sliced vegetables on top have browned to your liking.
- Slice and serve.