99% would make again
Sweet Potato And Black Bean Burritos
featured in 5 Healthy Street Food Recipes
Inspired by kimscravings.com
for 3 servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- olive oil, to taste
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 15 oz black beans (425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup corn (130 g)
- 3 large flour tortillas
- lettuce, chopped, for serving
- diced tomato, for serving
- shredded vegan cheddar cheese, for serving
- guacamole, for serving
- Calories 547
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 96g
- Fiber 17g
- Sugar 16g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add the sweet potatoes to a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, the paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss until well coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the sweet potato is tender.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, until semi-translucent. Add the jalapeño, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the spices are fragrant. Add the black beans and corn, season with salt and pepper, and cook until warmed through, 3-4 more minutes.
- To assemble a burrito, add ⅓ of the bean and corn mixture, ⅓ of the roasted sweet potatoes, some lettuce, tomatoes, vegan cheese, and guacamole to the center of a tortilla. Fold in the sides and roll up, keeping the filling tucked in place. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Cut in half and serve.