Root Veggie Soup
Indulge in the comforting warmth of a hearty root vegetable soup crafted from a medley of vibrant and nutritious Marketside™ vegetables, conveniently sourced from Walmart. This flavorful blend transforms humble roots into a wholesome symphony of taste, delivering a satisfying spoonful of goodness in every bowl.
for 4 servings
- 1 16-ounce bag Marketside™ Fresh Butternut Squash
- 1 16-ounce bag Marketside™ Fresh Sweet Potato
- 1 carrot, peeled and cubed
- 1 parsnip, peeled and cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 leek, dark green parts removed, halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 ½ cups vegetable broth
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup coconut milk, plus more for garnish
- chopped pistachio, for garnish
- Calories 612
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 97g
- Fiber 23g
- Sugar 27g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line one large or two medium baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the Marketside™ Fresh Butternut Squash, Marketside™ Fresh Sweet Potato, carrot, parsnip, garlic, and leek to the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt, black pepper, and cumin. Toss to coat evenly. Roast for 30–35 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the vegetables are soft and beginning to caramelize.
- Transfer the roasted veggies to a blender. Add the vegetable broth, smoked paprika, cayenne, and rosemary. Blend on high speed for 2–3 minutes, until completely smooth.
- Pour the soup into a large pot over medium heat and stir in the coconut milk. Season with more salt and black pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, to warm through and meld the flavors.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of coconut milk and a sprinkle of pistachios and rosemary.