Salted Honey Apple Brie Grilled Cheese
Nothing says fall like apples, so why not pair them with creamy Brie for a warm and cozy grilled cheese? Made with a touch of honey for sweetness and whole-grain Dijon for a savory finish, each bite will have you coming back for more. Fruit and nut bread, such as raisin-walnut or cranberry-pecan, adds even more sweetness and crunch, but any rustic bread will work!
for 2 servings
- 4 slices fruit and nut bread, or rustic bread of choice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 granny smith apple, halved, cored, and sliced 1/8–1/4-inch-thick
- 2 teaspoons honey, plus more serving
- flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- 8 oz brie cheese (225 g), rind removed and sliced
- Calories 840
- Fat 47g
- Carbs 78g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 27g
- Protein 32g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium-low heat.
- Spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread. Flip the bread over and spread the mustard on 2 slices, then layer the apple slices on top of the mustard. Drizzle the honey over the apples, then sprinkle with a pinch of flaky salt. Arrange the Brie on the other slices of bread. Close the sandwiches.
- Transfer the sandwiches to the pan and cook until golden brown on each side and the cheese has melted, 7–9 minutes per side.
- Remove the sandwiches from the pan and cut in half. Top with another drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of flaky salt. Serve immediately.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.