Savory French Toast
Savory French toast will be your new breakfast go-to when you’re not in the mood for something sweet! It’s easy to make and it pairs perfectly with your favorite toppings.
March 08, 2023
for 6 servings
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 slices challah bread, 1-in (2.54-cm) thick
- unsalted butter, for cooking
- Roasted bell pepper-flavored whipped cream cheese, such as Philadelphia brand
- quartered cherry tomato, quartered
- chopped, cooked bacon
- chopped fresh chive
- hot honey
- In a deep cake pan or pie dish, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Dip each slice of challah in the egg mixture for about 30 seconds per side, until the bread absorbs the egg, but is not soggy.
- Melt a pat of butter in a large pan over medium heat. Working in batches if needed, cook the French toast until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with your toppings of choice, such as roasted red pepper cream cheese, cherry tomatoes, bacon, chives, and a drizzle of hot honey.