90% would make again
Southern Sweet Fried Corn By Jaylynn Little
Shake up the weekly side dish routine with this sweet, salty, and crunchy vegan Southern fried corn as made by Jaylynn Little!
for 6 servings
- 8 ears fresh corn
- 1 stick vegan butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Calories 381
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 79g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 24g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Shuck the corn and remove the silk. Rinse under cold water.
- Set an ear of corn upright in a large bowl and cut the kernels into the bowl with a sharp knife. Reserve the cobs and repeat with the remaining ears.
- Use a spoon to scrape the cobs to release the creamy, starchy corn milk into the bowl with the kernels.
- Melt the vegan butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn, pepper, and salt and stir to coat in the butter. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 20–25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the corn is creamy.
- Season with more salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.