Southern Sweet Fried Corn By Jaylynn Little
Shake up the weekly side dish routine with this sweet, salty, and crunchy vegan Southern fried corn as made by Jaylynn Little!
for 6 servings
- 8 ears fresh corn
- 1 stick vegan butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Calories 193
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 42g
- Fiber 21g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Shuck the corn and remove the silk. Rinse under cold water.
- Set an ear of corn upright in a large bowl and cut the kernels into the bowl with a sharp knife. Reserve the cobs and repeat with the remaining ears.
- Use a spoon to scrape the cobs to release the creamy, starchy corn milk into the bowl with the kernels.
- Melt the vegan butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn, pepper, and salt and stir to coat in the butter. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 20–25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the corn is creamy.
- Season with more salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.