99% would make again
featured in Weekend Brunch for Two
Start your day with a kick with this flavorful Southwestern omelette. Loaded with bell peppers, onions, cheese, and spicy jalapeños, this hearty breakfast dish is perfect for satisfying your hunger and your taste buds.
May 15, 2023
for 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup ham (75 g), chopped
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup spinach (40 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup jack cheese (65 g), shredded
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (50 g)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Calories 725
- Fat 57g
- Carbs 15g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 40g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat.
- Cook the ham, peppers, and spinach with a pinch of salt and pepper until the spinach has wilted. Transfer to a bowl.
- Whisk the 4 eggs with a pinch of salt & pepper, then pour half of the mixture into the pan, swirling it around to make a full circle. Lower to a medium heat.
- Cook for about 15 seconds, then spoon half of the veggie mixture on one half of the omelette and sprinkle half of the jack and half the cheddar cheese on the other half.
- Cook until the cheese is half melted, then fold one half of the omelette over the other.
- Cook for another 15 seconds, then remove and transfer to a plate.
- Fan out half of the avocado slices on top of the omelette, then repeat with the other omelette.