95% would make again
Spicy Tomato Coconut Chicken
featured in 6 Hot & Spicy Recipes
for 4 servings
- 3 lb chicken (1 ½ kg), quartered
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 3 jalapeñoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 ¼ cups tomato puree (280 g)
- 1 cup coconut milk (240 mL), unsweetened
- 1 cup chicken stock (240 mL)
- fresh cilantro, or parsley, for garnish, chopped
- Salt and pepper chicken.
- In a large pot, brown chicken in olive oil. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same pot, add garlic, ginger, jalapeños and onions. Cook until translucent.
- Pour in the tomato puree, unsweetened coconut milk and chicken broth.
- Add the chicken back to the pot. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 45 - 60 minutes.
- Serve with rice. Garnish with cilantro or parsley.