Chicken Fajita Soup
This hearty soup is packed with the flavors of traditional chicken fajitas, like tender chicken breast, sweet bell peppers, and fragrant spices.
May 04, 2023
94% would make again
for 6 servings
- 2 lb chicken (1 kg), cut of your choice, diced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 limes
- 14 oz crushed tomato (395 g)
- 48 fl oz chicken broth (1 ½ L)
- ½ cup cream (120 mL)
- 6 corn soft tortillas
- 1 cup frozen corn (175 g)
- Calories 509
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 42g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 57g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven coated with oil, cook chicken, chili powder, cumin, and pepper for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, onion, and bell peppers, and cook until the onions are clear.
- Add the juice of 2 limes, crushed tomato, chicken broth, and cream, and bring to a boil.
- Submerge the corn and corn tortillas in the soup.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir to break up the tortillas before serving. Top with avocado, cilantro, and cotija cheese if you want!
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.