Thai-Style Chicken And Prawn Fried Noodles (Pad Thai)
Spice up your dinner routine with our Thai-Style Chicken and Prawn Fried Noodles (Pad Thai)! Loaded with bold flavors and satisfying textures, this dish is sure to please.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons thai fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ lime, juiced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 chicken breasts, finely sliced
- ½ lb raw prawn (200 g), shelled and patted dry
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- ⅔ cup fresh coriander (30 g), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 3 ½ cups flat rice noodle (600 g), cooked
- 1 cup bean sprout (100 g)
- 1 handful roasted peanut, roughly chopped
- lime wedge, to serve
- Calories 864
- Fat 31g
- Carbs 93g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 51g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Combine the tamarind, fish sauce, sugar, and lime juice with 1 tbsp water and set aside.
- Cook the eggs in 1 tablespoon of oil and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the frying pan. Sear the chicken until golden and cooked through.
- Add the prawns to the pan, and cook for about 2 minutes or until they just turn red.
- Tip in half of the spring onions, chili, half the coriander, and garlic. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant, then set aside
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the wok, then add the noodles and bean sprouts. Stir-fry for 2 minutes until the noodles have separated and everything is heated through.
- Add the chicken, prawns, eggs and tamarind sauce. Toss with the noodles until well-coated.
- To serve, scatter over the roasted peanuts, remaining spring onions, coriander leaves, and lime wedges.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.