99% would make again
The Best Crispy Chicken Parmesan
featured in 5 Cheesy Chicken Parmesan Recipes
Inspired by thekitchn.com
for 4 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumb (115 g)
- 2 cups marinara sauce (520 g)
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (55 g)
- fresh basil, thinly sliced, to serve
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Calories 689
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 67g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 47g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half widthwise to make 4 thin breasts.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Coat the chicken in flour, then egg, and then bread crumbs.
- Pour oil in a cast-iron skillet to come ¼ inch (½ cm) up the side. Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry on both sides until brown, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Place the fried chicken breasts in a baking dish. If they don’t fit side by side, gently overlap them. Pour the marinara over the chicken.
- Top with mozzarella slices and Parmesan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and bubbling.
- Serve with freshly chopped basil.