93% would make again
Toffee Apple Bread Pudding
featured in 12 Comfort Foods To Suit Every Mood
June 10, 2019
for 6 servings
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
- ½ cup brown sugar (100 g)
- ½ cup butter (100 g)
- 6 apples, sliced
- 14 oz bread (400 g), 1/2 loaf cut into chunks
- ¾ cup double cream (200 mL)
- ¾ cup milk (200 mL)
- 2 eggs
- Calories 645
- Fat 33g
- Carbs 84g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 44g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C (350˚F).
- Prepare the toffee by gently heating the brown sugar and butter together over a low heat in a saucepan.
- Once bubbling, stir in the apple slices for a few minutes and take off the heat just as they start to soften.
- Lay out half of the apple slices in a oven-proof dish and then throw the bread chunks on top.
- Lay the rest of the apple slices on top and set the remaining toffee mixture aside.
- In a jug, mix together the cream, milk, and eggs. Pour all over the apple slices and bread.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Reheat the toffee mixture and then pour over the bread pudding.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.