94% would make again
Tofu Stir Fry
featured in 6 High Protein Vegetarian Dinners
for 2 servings
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- ¼ cup lime juice (60 mL)
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce (60 mL)
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup sliced white onion
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- ½ cup edamame (75 g), frozen, thawed
- 3 cups soba noodle (300 g), cooked
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- green onion, chopped, to serve
- Calories 1288
- Fat 26g
- Carbs 214g
- Fiber 17g
- Sugar 48g
- Protein 47g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 2 cloves of garlic, the ginger, honey, Sriracha, lime juice, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Wrap the tofu in a dish towel, then place a plate on top. Let drain for 10-15 minutes, then remove the plate, unwrap the tofu, and slice into cubes.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the tofu and pan fry for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining 2 cloves of minced garlic and the onion and stir until softened, about 1 minute.
- Add the carrot, bell pepper, and edamame and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the soba noodles, reserved sauce, and sesame seeds. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until warmed through. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Garnish with green onions, if desired.