These fluffy, golden vegan doughnuts are a guilt-free treat that don't sacrifice on taste or texture. The dough is light and airy, coated with a dusting of sugar that will make anyone smile. They're perfect for a morning pick-me-up or a late-night indulgence.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 12 doughnuts
- ¼ cup vegan margarine (50 g)
- ½ cup soy milk (120 mL)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil, plus extra for frying
- 2 cups plain flour (250 g)
- ½ cup caster sugar (100 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Calories 148
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 18g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Gently melt the butter over a low-medium heat. Add milk and 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil and mix together.
- Once combined, take off the heat and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, half of the sugar, baking powder and salt with a fork.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the butter mixture. Combine gradually until a thick dough forms.
- Using your hands, roll dough into little flat balls and with your thumb, press a hole in the center of each doughnut. (You may need to flour your hands for this part to avoid getting sticky!)
- Heat up oil in a pan. To know when it's hot enough, fry a little bit of bread in the oil. If it goes brown and floats to the top, in 45-50 seconds the oil will be ready!
- Gently lay the doughnuts into the oil using a spatula. Fry for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Transfer the doughnuts onto some tissue paper to soak up any excess oil.
- Roll the doughnut into a bowl of the remaining half of sugar.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.