97% would make again
featured in Picnic Staples
Layered with flavor, this easy make-ahead appetizer is perfect for parties and picnics. It’s a cheese board at your fingertips!
for 20 skewers
- 20 slices sopressata
- 20 green olives, pitted, drained
- 10 slices prosciutto, cut in half crosswise
- 1 jar roasted red pepper, drained and sliced into 1/2 in (1 1/4 cm) strips
- 20 slices salami, italian
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 8 oz provolone cheese (225 g), cut into 3/4 in ( 2 cm) cubes
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- 20 wooden skewers, 4-6 in (10-15 cm)
- Calories 62
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 0g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Fold a slice of sopressata into quarters, and then gently thread onto a skewer, leaving about ½–¾ (1 ¼ cm - 2 cm) inch of space from the bottom. Without packing too tightly, add a green olive, a piece of prosciutto folded into quarters, a piece of roasted red pepper folded in half, a piece of Italian dry salami folded into quarters, a basil leaf folded in half, and a cube of provolone cheese. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and skewers.
- When ready to serve, lightly drizzle balsamic vinegar over the skewers, avoiding the base. Sprinkle with flaky salt.