93% would make again
Chicken Bacon Asparagus Twists
featured in Budget-Friendly Appetizers You Must Bookmark
Under 30 minutes
Inspired by facebook.com
Under 30 minutes
for 12 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 6 strips bacon
- 12 stalks asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 cup greek yogurt (285 g)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Calories 160
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 4g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- On a cutting board, slice chicken lengthwise into 1-inch (2 cm) thick slices. Take each slice of chicken and cut it in half lengthwise leaving about 1 inch (2 cm) uncut on one end of the strip.
- Cut off part of the uncut end of the chicken so you do not have a thick spot in the middle of your longer chicken strip.
- Place chicken strips in a bowl. Add ½ teaspoon salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and 3 tablespoons lemon juice and mix to combine.
- Transfer to the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- On a cutting board, slice each piece of bacon lengthwise creating 12 strips in total.
- Wrap the cut strip of bacon around the asparagus.
- Wrap a marinated chicken strip around the bacon-wrapped asparagus. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place each bacon chicken asparagus twist on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to broil, and broil for 10 minutes. Flip the twists over, and broil for an additional ten minutes.
- In a bowl add the Greek yogurt parsley, dill, ½ teaspoon salt, and 3 tablespoons lemon juice. Stir until well combined.
- Remove bacon asparagus twists from baking sheet, and let cool. Serve with herb yogurt dipping sauce.