Apple Cinnamon French Toast Bake
featured in 5 Delectable French Toast Recipes
This cozy French toast bake is the perfect way to start your day off right. Loaded with sweet apples and warm cinnamon, it's the ultimate breakfast comfort food.
May 14, 2023
96% would make again
for 4 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 12 oz day-old French bread (285 g)
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 g)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk (480 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup maple syrup (85 g)
- powdered sugar, for serving
- whipped cream, for serving
- Calories 688
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 114g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 67g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch (2 ½ cm) cubes.
- Chop the peeled apples into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss together the bread cubes, apples, sugar, and cornstarch.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes and toss to coat evenly.
- Pour the bread mixture into the prepared baking dish and drizzle with the maple syrup.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and dollops of whipped cream.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.