97% would make again
Apple Cinnamon French Toast Bake
featured in 5 Delectable French Toast Recipes
for 4 servings
- 12 oz french bread (285 g), a day old
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 g)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk (480 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup maple syrup (85 g)
- powdered sugar, to taste
- whipped cream, to taste
- Calories 671
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 115g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 66g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch (2 ½ cm) cubes.
- Dice peeled apples into small bite-size pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the bread, apples, sugar, and cornstarch.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Pour egg mixture into the bread bowl.
- Give the ingredients a good stir, then pour into a 9x13-inch (33 cm X 23 cm) greased baking tray.
- Drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.